Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beat Street Response

Beat Street was really interesting. I usually don’t watch movies from the 1900-2003 because most are unrealistic compared to the present and they have really bad graphics. Now my favorite movie is beat Street because of the insane pop-locking and break dancing despite the graphics and relevance. It was cool to see what clothes they wore in the 80’s. It seems as though they would randomly pick a shirt and some pants. Their combinations of clothes and shoes was fly but today I consider it a little crazy and outlandish. I remember a girl had on a blue fur, pink shirt, green pants, and blue shoes in the movie. Who would wear that? Not I! She looked really good but I wondered what my reaction would be if I actually saw somebody to day wearing that. I think I would just laugh and take a picture just to remember the moment.
While looking back on the past part of it showed up in my life yesterday. I saw an 8 track tape and player. When I saw it I asked my grandmother what it was and when she told me my eyes grew with excitement. I had never seen one in my whole life. We set it up and got it to play. It was like a blast from the past. Ancient!

No comments:

Post a Comment