Thursday, March 31, 2011

Propaganda 2011

Propaganda 2011
1.      ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also : a public action having such an effect
2.      the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person
In 2011 propaganda is on a whole new level. It is in commercials, newspapers, on the radio and billboards. I see propaganda on T.V everyday especially since the mayor elections started. In the commercials the candidates try to convince you to vote for them because they are the right choice while at the same time tearing down the competitors. They run others commercials just to bash on the others telling us at home they won’t be able to keep your children safe and money in your pockets but they can if you give them the chance. They run these commercials to convince you not to vote for the other candidates and change your view of them. This is all propaganda, the spreading of ideas and influencing you just for a vote is one of the many forms of propaganda that we see today. I really hate commercials I think they are a big waste of time. I always record my show then fast-forward through the commercials. I guess propaganda doesn’t really effect me because I don’t pay much attention to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment