Wednesday, September 15, 2010

There Goes the Neighborhood!

In the U.S today I believe that we are still separated into race, religion, and ethnicity. If you examine closely you will see that majority of people live in an area with their same race or religion. For example, In China Town the majority are Chineese that live in that area. The main reason it ends up like that is because the other races just don’t want to live near them.
The town I grew up in has changed drastically. When I was in Kindergarten I moved to Crete, Illinois. For about the first 3-4 years we were the only African-American people in the neighborhood. Everybody was nice and welcoming. At that time no houses were for sell. Then my town had built new houses and many African-American people moved. Thats when it all started. After a while many of my Caucasian neighbors moved, and then more houses were put up for sell. Now majority of the town was African-American.
Some of the Caucasian neighbors may have been racist but that is not always the case. Honestly many of those who moved in were very ignorant, they did not keep their yard intact, and were very rude. They just did not take pride in what they had. I have seen people walk around the neighborhood littering, vandalizing and many other offensive actions done to the neighborhood. I believe people should take care of their town, have their lawns clean, and just be nice & decent human beings. Well there goes the neighborhood!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is the same exact thing that happened to my Aunt's neighborhood in the suburbs. I don't know why people just can't be respectful and grateful.

    ReplyDelete